- At what age can children start modeling?
- What's the best age to get into modeling?
- What exactly are the benefits of starting early?
- Do you want your child to become a model?
How old does your child have to be to start modeling?
Without further ado, let's get to it. First, let's start with setting one thing clear - you can become a model at any age. You can be 2 months old or 50 years old. The variety of modeling jobs is enormous. Meaning that no generation will be left behind - modeling is purely divided into age groups and niches.
Also Read: Baby Modeling: How to Get Started TODAY
What's the best age to get into modeling?
Most model agencies sign up children starting as early as 2 months old. Child models can get all types of work, from commercials to kids' fashion shows. However, many countries have an age requirement for runway shows that are not hosted by kids' clothing brands - the minimum age requirement is 16. However, this shouldn't stop you, as you can begin as a child model and grow in the industry.
At KidsCasting, we cast child models of all ages - based on our data, kids are the most wanted for fashion brands, for example, Carters, NYFW. Toddlers are especially popular for baby product campaigns - like car seats, toys, strollers, skin care products, and diapers. Older kids are constantly booked for family photoshoots and childrenswear campaigns. Teens are cast daily for clothing brands, fashion shows, and commercials like Zara, Bloomingdale, Target, DKNY, etc. When considering modeling as a life career, the biggest model agencies advise starting not later than 14 years old. The reason is that the model feels more comfortable with herself at this age. She can grow her portfolio and get enough experience to be booked for any type of modeling job, including runways.
What exactly are the benefits of starting early?
- Firstly, the opportunities are endless. Many child models turn to acting, singing, or dancing as a next step or an addition to their modeling. It's a career that opens doors. Starting earlier would allow your child to try everything.
- Skills. Modeling boosts creativity and confidence in children. It teaches responsibility, time management, and respect for others. It also provides the possibility to travel. When you start working in the entertainment industry, you might end up changing 5 locations in a month. It could be within the country or even outside. This can create opportunities for your child to travel and learn to explore different cultures. As the parent, you would join them on these trips and visit places together.
- Financial gain! Of course, models have a high earning potential too. When you join the world of modeling at an early age, you can still expect to be paid well for the job.
- And finally, if you start modeling early, you can be noticed earlier by huge agencies and directors who would do anything for you to join their team and grow with them into a supermodel. Starting earlier would also mean that up to 16, you will have an impressive portfolio of your previous work. You will feel comfortable in front of the camera too. This would help you a lot to get cast for future projects.
And these aren't just words. Many famous models started early. For example, Kaia Gerber began at 10, shooting Versace's junior line. Gigi Hadid started modeling for a Baby Guess campaign when she was only two years old. And they haven't stopped modeling since. They are now the biggest models in the world. So yes, it's always beneficial to start as early as possible. This will increase your chances of becoming the next TOP model.
Do you want your child to become a model?
Want your kids to try modeling? At kidscasting.com, we have different opportunities to cast child models of different ages, starting as early as newborns. What's amazing about kidscasting is that your kids don't have to be signed up with an agency to apply for our gigs, and no previous experience is required! Wait no longer and book your kids' first modeling job.